Amaryl 2 / 500 mg 30 Tablets
Glimepiride is a sulfonamide hypoglycemic agent that acts on the beta cells of the pancreatic cells thus increasing the secretion of the insulin by the pancreas. Additionally, reduces glucose secretion from the liver.
Metformin is a biguanide with an anti-hyperglycemic effect that lowers both basal and postprandial glucose and does not stimulate the insulin formation. It acts by reducing the hepatic glucose formation by preventing gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis. It also increases sensitivity of the insulin in the muscles thus improving peripheral glucose utilization.
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Points of interest:
• Take this medication with food to minimize the risk of hypoglycemia .
• Be aware of the signs of hypoglycemia (sweating, confusion, rapid heartbeat, blurred vision, shakiness, anxiety, headache, dizziness, weakness) .
• If you experience hypoglycemia, consume glucose or simple carbohydrate (e.g. candies, soft drinks, sugar, honey), once your blood glucose returns to normal, eat a snack or a meal.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
All Active Ingredients:
Glimepiride , Metformin.
• Malabsorption of vitamin B12.
• Must be taken shortly before dining or during a meal.
• When meals are taken at irregular hours or skipped altogether, treatment with glimepiride lead to hypoglycemia.
• Contraindicated in patients with diabetes mellitus type 1.
• Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment.
• Beta blockers: may enhance the hypoglycemic effect of sulfonylureas .
• Cimetidine: may increase the concentration of glimepiride .
• Fluconazole: may increase the serum concentration of glimepiride .
How To Storage :