Atacand Plus 16/ 12.5 mg 28 Tablets
An angiotensin receptor blocker that binds to the selectively and tightly to the AT1 receptors which will cause a vasodilation, aldosterone inhibition effects.
A Thiazide diuretic that acts by preventing the reabsorption of sodium in the cortical diluting segment of renal tubes and increases the excretion of Na and Cl thus exerting an antihypertensive effect by increasing the urine output.
• Heart failure.
Points of interest:
• This medication may cause dizziness especially at the start of the treatment, do not drive or operate machinery until you know how it affects you.
• Get up from lying or sitting position gradually.
• Do not take potassium supplements while using this medication.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
All Active Ingredients:
Candesartan , Hydrochlorothiazide.
• First-dose hypotension.
• Renal artery stenosis; monitoring of plasma potassium concentration is advised particularly in the elderly.
• Aortic or mitral valve stenosis in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
• Candesartan must be carefully titrated through monitoring of patients’ blood pressure in patients doing hemodialysis.
• Use of candesartan is not recommended in patients with primary hyperaldosteronism.
• Pregnancy: Drugs that act on the renin-angiotensin system can cause injury and death to the developing foetus. Discontinue as soon as possible once pregnancy is detected.
• Contraindicated in patients with severe hepatic impairment or cholestasis.
• Contraindicated in patients with diabetes mellitus and concomitant using aliskiren.
• Aliskiren: avoid concomitant use.
• Cyclosporine: increased risk of hyperkalemia.
• Lithium: the concomitant use reduces the excretion of lithium and increases serum concentration.
• Heparin: increased risk of hyperkalemia.
How To Storage :