Co-Diovan 160 / 12.5 mg 28 Tablets
Valsartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Co-Diovan contains valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide. These medicines reduce blood pressure in two different ways.
Valsartan blocks the effect of angiotensin II, which is a substance in the body that tightens blood vessels and makes your blood pressure rise. When the effect of angiotensin II is blocked, your blood vessels relax and your blood pressure goes down.
Hydrochlorothiazide helps reduce the amount of excess fluid in the body by increasing the amount of urine produced. This helps lower your blood pressure.
Points of interest:
• This medication may cause dizziness, get up from lying or sitting position gradually to avoid dizziness on standing.
• Most adverse effects are dose related, start at low dose and increase gradually to minimize adverse effects.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
All Active Ingredients:
Valsartan , Hydrochlorothiazide.
• Mild gastrointestinal disturbances.
• Postural hypotension.
• Lower initial doses of diuretics should be used in the elderly because they are more susceptible to side effects.
• Hypokalemia can occur with thiazide diuretics.
• Thiazides can exacerbate diabetes, gout.
• Electrolytes should be monitored particularly with high doses.
•Contraindicated in patients with renal impairment.
• Allopurinol: the risk of hypersensitivity increased when allopurinol was given with thiazide diuretics.
• Amiodarone: the risk of cardiac toxicity increased.
• Topiramate: hydrochlorothiazide increases plasma topiramate concentration.
• Fluconazole: hydrochlorothiazide increases plasma fluconazole concentration.
• Lithium: hydrochlorothiazide increases plasma lithium concentration.
How To Storage :