Coveram 10 mg / 5 mg 30 Tablets
Amlodipine + perindopril arginine
Amlodipine a dihydropyridine Calcium-Channel Blocker which blocks the cellular influx of calcium ions that is responsible for maintaining the plateau phase of the action potential in the myocardial muscles thus reducing the strength of contractility and cardiovascular tone.
Perindopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor that inhibits the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II by blocking the activity of the converting enzyme. The inhibition of ACE will result in decreased concentrations of Angiotensin II which will then result in decreased vasoconstriction activity because Angiotensin II receptorsare deactivated. It also results in decreased water retention because aldosterone production is terminated.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.
Points of interest:
• This medication may cause drowsiness and it may persist the following day, do not drive or operate machinery until you know how it affects you.
• Try to take your medication at the same time every day.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
Amlodipine , Perindopril Arginine.
• Severe hepatic impairment.
• May be used with patients with renal impairment at normal doses.
• Increase the dose with elderly patients must take place with care.
• Grapefruit Juice: Increases plasma concentration of the drug.
• Sildenafil: enhanced hypotensive effect of the drug when given with Sildenafil.
• Simvastatin: increases the risk of myopathy when used with the drug.
• Clopidogrel: the drug may decreases clopidogrel effect.