Cozaar 50 Mg - 28 Tablets
Losartan is a group of medicines known as angiotensin-II receptor antagonists. Angiotensin-II is a substance produced in the body which binds to receptors in blood vessels, causing them to tighten. This results in an increase in blood pressure. Losartan prevents the binding of angiotensin-II to these receptors, causing the blood vessels to relax which in turn lowers the blood pressure. Losartan slows the decrease of kidney function in patients with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
• High blood pressure (hypertension) in adults and in children and adolescents 6 - 18 years of age.
• Protect the kidney in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients.
• Treat chronic heart failure.
• Low blood pressure
• Hypo glycaemia
• Kidney failure
• Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium in patients with heart failure
• Allergic to losartan or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
• More than 3 months pregnant.
• Liver function is severely impaired.
• Diabetes or impaired kidney function and you are treated with a blood pressure lowering medicine containing aliskiren.
How to use :
The usual starting dose is 50 mg of losartan once daily. A low dose of hydrochlorothiazide should be added and/or the dose of losartan should be increased to 100 mg once daily based on blood pressure response.
How to store:
keep at room temperature.