Duphalac 300 ml Syrup
An osmotic laxative that acts by increasing the amount of water in the large bowel. Water retention occurs due to either drawing fluid from the body into the bowel or by retaining the fluid that was administered with.
• Constipation (in moderate doses)
• Hepatic encephalopathy due to nitrogenous substances (in high doses)
Points of interest:
• This medicine tastes very sweet, it may help to mix it with fruit juice, water or milk.
• Onset of action 2 – 3 days.
How to use:
adult :15-45 ml once or twice daily as recommended by the specialist doctor according to age and weight
children : As recommended by the doctor
All Active Ingredients:
• Flatulence, cramps, and abdominal pain.
• Diabetes, lactose intolerance, or patients requiring a low galactose diet due to galactose component.
• May cause electrolyte disturbances if used > 6 months; hence monitoring is essential.
• Contraindicated in patients with intestinal obstruction.
• Diuretics: increased risk of electrolytes imbalance.
• Ondansetron : can cause an irregular heart rhythm.
How To Storage :