Gaviscon extra 24 Chewable Tablets
The drug reacts with gastric acid to rapidly form a raft of alginic acid gel having a near-neutral pH which floats on the stomach contents effectively impeding gastro-oesophageal reflux for up to 4 hours, and protecting the oesophagus from acid, pepsin and bile.
• Mild symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.
Points of Interests:
• If symptoms do not improve after seven days, the clinical situation should be reviewed.
• Antacids will decrease the absorption of many medicines. The administration of antacids should be separated by 2 hours from other orally administered medicines, whenever possible.
• Not to be given for children less than 12 years old.
How to use:
2-4 tablets after meals and at bedtime.
All Active Ingredients:
• Generally well tolerated.
• Each tablet has 55.89 mg sodium content. This should be taken into account when a highly restricted salt diet is recommended.
• Each tablet contains 75 mg of calcium carbonate. Care needs to be taken in treating patients with
hypercalcaemia, nephrocalcinosis and recurrent calcium containing renal calculi.
• Erlotinib: antacids possibly reduce plasma concentration of erlotinib.
• Ciprofloxacin: antacids reduce absorption of ciprofloxacin.
24 Chewable Tablets.
How To Storage :