Imuran tablet 50 mg 100 Tablets
Antagonizes purine metabolism and may inhibit synthesis of DNA, RNA, and proteins. May also interfere with cellular metabolism and inhibit mitosis.
•Renal transplantation: Adjunctive therapy in prevention of rejection of kidney transplants
• Active rheumatoid arthritis.
Points of interest:
• Swallow whole Tablets with full glass of water.
• To reduce stomach upset, take this tablet with food.
• This medication may increase skin sensitivity to sun light, avoid excessive sun exposure and use high SPF sunscreen.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
• Leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
• Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
• Monitor for toxicity weekly then every 3 months thereafter.
• Patients must immediately report any signs of infection, bruising, bleeding or any manifestation of bone marrow depression.
• Azathioprine is hepatotoxic and liver function tests should be routinelymonitored.
• Patient should stop treatment if jaundice becomes apparent.
• Caution is required in patients with renal or hepatic impairment.
• Infections such as chickenpox may become severe during treatment.
• ACE inhibitors: increased risk of anaemia when azathioprine is given with Enalapril or Captopril especially in renal impairment.
• Allopurinol: increases plasma levels and toxicity of azathioprine.
• Coumarins: the concomitant use reduces the anti-coagulant effect ofcoumarins.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.