Inderal 40 Mg - 50 Tablets
Propranolol is a non-selective beta receptor antagonist. It competes with sympathomimetic neurotransmitters for binding to receptors, which inhibits sympathetic stimulation of the heart.
Propranolol is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Propranolol is used to treat tremors, angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure), heart rhythm disorders, and other heart or circulatory conditions. It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack, and to reduce the severity and frequency of migraine headaches.
• Control of hypertension.
• Prophylaxis of migraine.
• Management of essential tremor.
• Management of anxiety.
• Adjunctive management of thyrotoxicosis.
• Prophylaxis of upper gastro-intestinal bleeding in patients with portal hypertension and esophageal varices.
• Lightheadedness or tiredness may occur as your body. adjusts to the medication.
• Nausea/vomiting, stomach pain.
• Vision changes.
• Trouble sleeping.
• Unusual dreams.
Hypersensitivity (allergic to propranolol or other contents of drugs).
• Alpha blockers.
• Cimetidine, St. John's wort.
• Digoxin, disopyramide, propafenone, quinidine.
• Mefloquine, rizatriptan, theophylline, thioridazine.
• Levothyroxine, Warfarin.
How to use:
usually 2 to 4 times daily or as directed by your doctor. Take this medication before meals (and at bedtime if taking 4 times daily).
How to store:
keep at room temperature.