Janumet 50 / 1000 mg 56 Tablets
Sitagliptin + Metformin
Sitagliptin is (DPP-4) inhibitor, the effect of this medication leads to glucose dependent increases in insulin and decreases in glucagon to improve control of blood sugar, for that it is used to in diabetes mellitus type2.
Metformin is a Biguanide with an anti-hyperglycemic effect that lowers both basal and postprandial glucose and does not stimulate the insulin formation. It acts by reducing the hepatic glucose formation by preventing gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis. It also increases sensitivity of the insulin in the muscles thus improving peripheral glucose utilization.
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Points of interest:
• To reduce stomach upset, take this tablet with food or just after food.
• Tell your doctor if you experience nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite or cramps.
• Metformin has slow onset of action, it may take up to 2 weeks to establish control.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
All Active Ingredients:
Sitagliptin , Metformin.
• Malabsorption of vitamin B12.
• Joint pain.
• Metformin is excreted by kidneys, serum creatinine levels should be determined before initiating treatment and regularly thereafter.
• Decreased renal function in elderly is frequent and asymptomatic.
• As the IV administration of iodinated contrast material in radiologic studies can lead to renal failure, metformin should be discontinued prior to, or at the time of test and not be reinstituted until 48 hours afterwards.
•Containdicated in patients with heart failure.
•Contraindicated in patients with pancreatitis.
• ACE inhibitors: the hypoglycemic effect of metformin is possibly enhanced when given with ACE inhibitors
• Beta-blockers: warning signs of hypoglycemia (such as tremor) with metformin may be masked when given with beta-blockers.
• Cimetidine: the excretion of metformin is reduced by cimetidine.
• Furosemide: may reduce the effectiveness of sitagliptin and other diabetic medications.
• Levothyroxine: may reduce the effectiveness of sitagliptin.
How To Storage :