Losec Mups 20 Mg - 28 tablets
Losec Mups is a proton pump inhibitor that acts by reducing the gastric acid. It is specifically inhibiting the acid pumps in the parietal cells within the stomach. It is activated by the pH environment of the stomach and then inhibits the activity of H+/K+ ATPase of the parietal cell which controls acid production.
• Acid-related dyspepsia.
• GERD/ Reflux esophagitis.
• Gastric and duodenal ulcers.
• Gastric acid reduction during general anesthesia.
Points of interest:
• Patients must Swallow as a whole, do not not crush or chew the tablet.
• Take Losec before meals preferably in the morning.
How to use:
20 mg once daily.
Or as per as direction of doctor.
• Generally well tolerated.
• Headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence and electrolytes changes.
• Patients at risk of osteoporosis should maintain an adequate intake of calcium and vitamin D.
• It may reduce the absorption of vitamin B12.
• Severe hypomagnesaemia has been reported in patients treated with PPI’s.
• Atazanavir: omeprazole reduce plasma concentration of atazanavir.
• Clopidogrel: anti-platelet effect of clopidogrel is reduced by omeprazole.
• Ulipristal: contraceptive effect of ulipristal is possibly reduced by omeprazole.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.