Methycobal 500 mcg Tabs 30'S
• Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet is a form of Vitamin B12 which is important for nerve health, brain function, and red blood cell production.
• This medicine is mainly used to treat Vitamin B12 deficiency in people with anemia and peripheral neuropathy (nerve pain in hands and feet).
• Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet regulates certain vital bodily functions like cell multiplication, blood formation, and protein synthesis.
Methylcobalamin, , , ,
Used in cases of:
• Peripheral Neuropathy.
• Megaloblastic Anemia.
How To Use:
• Start with 500 mcg/day.
• Peripheral Neuropathy: The recommended dose is 1.500 mcg divided into 3 doses.
• Take Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet with or without food as directed by your doctor.
• Do not crush or chew the tablet.
• Avoid taking more or less than the prescribed dose.
• Nausea and vomiting.
• Decreased appetite.
• Skin rash.
• Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet should not be used in pregnancy to treat anemia unless it is vitamin B12 deficiency anemia. However, it should only be used upon your doctor's recommendation and after all the risks and benefits are discussed.
• Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet is not known to be harmful while breastfeeding. It passes into breast milk at very low levels. Hence, it is acceptable for use upon your doctor's recommendation if you are breastfeeding.
• Elderly people may have a reduced capacity to absorb Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet through the intestine. Hence, appropriate dose adjustments may be necessary based on the condition.
• If you recently have had gastrointestinal surgery, it may reduce the absorption of Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
• Combined use of Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet with other medicines may decrease the effect of this medicine or cause undesired effects. Hence, inform your doctor about all your current medicines including any herbs and supplements before beginning treatment with this medicine.
• Folic acid supplements can mask some of the symptoms of anemia caused by Vitamin B12 deficiency. Hence, consult your doctor to ensure that the right supplement is being taken.
• Combined use of antacids with this medicine may reduce the absorption of Methycobal 500 MCG Tablet. Your doctor may advise you on the duration gap between these two medicines.
Store at room temperature