Micardis Plus 80/12.5 Mg - 28 tablets
telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Micardis is an angiotensin-II receptor antagonist that acts by displacing angiotensin-II with very high affinity from its binding site. It doesn’t have any affinity to any other receptors and selectively binds to AT1 Receptor. This binding blocks the vasoconstriction and the aldosterone secreting effects of angiotensin II.
Micardis also contain Hydrochlorothiazide which is a diuretic that helps the body get rid of extra salt and water to lower blood pressure.
• Secondary prevention of myocardial infarction.
• Heart failure.
• Diabetic nephropathy.
Points of interest:
• This medication may cause dizziness especially at the start of the treatment, do not drive or operate machinery until you know how it affects you.
• This medication may cause dizziness, getting up from lying or sitting position gradually to avoid dizziness on standing.
• Do not take potassium supplements while using this medication.
How to use:
As determined by the specialist
Telmisartan , Hydrochlorothiazide.
• Angiotensin II inhibitors should not be initiated during pregnancy.
• Periodic monitoring of potassium and creatinine serum levels is recommended when used in patients with impaired renal function.
• ACE inhibitors: the risk of hyperkalemia is increased when telmisartan given with ACE inhibitors.
• Potassium salts: the risk of hyperkalemia is increased.
• Aliskiren: avoid concomitant use of telmisartan with aliskiren.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.