Minirin Melt 60 mcg - Tablets
Desmopressin is a synthetic structural analogue of the natural pituitary hormone arginine vasopressin. The difference lies in the deamination of cysteine and substitution of L-arginine by D-arginine.
Desmopressin is used to treat nighttime bed-wetting, central diabetes insipidus, and increased thirst and urination caused by head surgery or head trauma.
Desmopressin is a man-made form of a hormone that occurs naturally in the pituitary gland and regulates how the body uses water.
Indications of Minirin Melt:
• Primary nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting) in children (from 5 years of age) and adults (up to 65 years of age).
Points of interests of Minirin Melt:
• MINIRIN Melt is placed under the tongue where it dissolves without the need for water
• Whenu sed for primary nocturnal enuresis and nocturia indications, the fluid intake must be limited to a minimum from 1 hour before until 8 hours after administration.
Active Ingredient of Minirin Melt:
Side effects of Minirin Melt:
• Facial flushing.
Cautions of Minirin Melt:
• A history of known or suspected cardiac insufficiency and other conditions requiring treatment with diuretics.
• Moderate and severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance below 50mL/min);
• Known hyponatremia.
• Hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients of MINIRIN Melt.
• Severe bladder dysfunction and outlet obstruction should be considered before starting treatment.
• patients with conditions characterized by fluid and/or electrolyte imbalance.
Interactions of Minirin Melt:
• NSAIDs drugs.
• Tricyclic antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, chlorpromazine and carbamazepine.
How to use Minirin Melt:
Adults & Pediatrics Above 6 years old : As advised by your doctor.
How to store:
keep at room temperature.