Novirax Acyclovir 5% Cream 15 g
Novirax Cream contains acyclovir as the active ingredient.
Novirax is an antiviral cream that's effective in the treatment of herpes viral infection.
It is used to treat herpes infections of the skin and around the mouth (cold sores) in people with weakened immune systems.
This medication reduces the length of time you feel pain and helps the sores heal faster.
Acyclovir is an antiviral drug that inhibits the growth of certain viruses.
This medication does not cure herpes or prevent the infection from coming back.
Also, it does not prevent the spread of herpes to others.
Novirax used to treat:
• First outbreak of genital herpes infection.
• Herpes skin infections around the mouth (cold sores) in people with a weakened immune system.
How to use:
• Clean and dry the affected areas before applying the medication.
• Use a finger cot or rubber glove when applying acyclovir to prevent spreading the infection to other parts of your body and other people.
• Apply enough ointment to cover all sores, usually every 3 hours, 6 times a day, or as directed by your doctor.
Points of interest:
• Apply novirax Cream to the skin only.
• Avoid getting novirax Cream in your eyes. If this happens, wash immediately with plenty of water.
• Begin using acyclovir as soon as symptoms of a herpes infection appear.
• Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medication.
• Continue to use this medication for the full-time prescribed.
• Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve after 7 days of treatment or if it worsens.
• Please store out of reach of young children.
• Store in a cool, dry place.
Store at room temperature