Novonorm 2 mg - 30 Tablets
Novonorm is indicated in patients with type-2 diabetes (non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM)) whose hyperglycaemia can no longer be controlled satisfactorily by diet, weight reduction and exercise.
Type 2 diabetes is a disease in which the pancreas does not make enough insulin to control the level of glucose in the blood or when the body is unable to use insulin effectively.
NovoNorm helps the pancreas to produce more insulin at mealtimes and is used to control type 2 diabetes.
Novonorm contain Repaglinide which is a short-acting oral secretagogue that acts by inducing insulin secretion from pancreatic beta-cells. It closes an ATP-dependant potassium channels within the beta-cells membrane thus leading to depolarizing of the cells and opening the calcium channels and ultimately increased insulin secretion.
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Points of interest:
• Take this medication 15 – 30 minutes before the meal.
How to use:
As per as direction of doctor.
• Abdominal pain, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, hypoglycemia, hyperuricemia, and URTI.
• It may be associated with increased risk of hypoglycemia.
• Patients with gout should be avoided for this drug due to increased reports of hyperuricemia.
• Clarithromycin: the effects of repaglinide is enhanced by clarithromycin.
• Beta-blockers: the warning signs of hypoglycemia (such as tremor) with repaglinide may be masked when given with beta-blockers.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.