Olfen 75 SR Depotab - 30 Tablets
Olfen contain Diclofenac, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). This medicine works by inhibiting cyclooxygenase that cause pain and inflammation.
NSAIDs inhibit cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and-2 which are the enzyme responsible for producing prostaglandins (PGs). PGs contribute to inflammation and pain signalling. Olfen also have a sustained release action that help provide pain relief for a longer time.
Olfen has antipyretic, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis.
• Acute gout, ankylosing spondylitis (form of spinal arthritis).
• Backache, sprains and strains, soft tissue sports injuries, frozen shoulder, dislocations and fractures.
• Conditions affecting the tendons for example, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, bursitis.
• pain and inflammation associated with dental and minor surgery.
• Migraine attacks.
Points of interest:
• Do not take aspirin for pain relief while using this medication.
• Do not take this medication if you are dehydrated, due to severe vomiting or
How to use:
1 - 3 times a day.
As per as direction of doctor.
• indigestion, gas, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain.
• diarrhea, constipation.
• headache, dizziness, drowsiness.
Tell your doctor if you have:
• Heart disease, high blood pressure.
• Ulcers or bleeding in your stomach.
• Liver or kidney disease.
• Stop this medication and tell your doctor immediately if you develop swollen ankles, difficulty in breathing, chest pain, black stools or dark vomit.
• Heart or blood pressure medication, including a diuretic or "water pill".
• A blood thinner - warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven.
• Other NSAIDs - aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib, indomethacin, meloxicam, and others.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.