Olfen 50 Mg gel
Olfen gel contain Diclofenac, which is a topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). This medicine works by inhibiting cyclooxygenase that cause pain and inflammation.
NSAIDs inhibit cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and-2 which are the enzyme responsible for producing prostaglandins (PGs). PGs contribute to inflammation and pain signalling.
Olfen has antipyretic, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis.
• Acute gout, ankylosing spondylitis (form of spinal arthritis).
• Backache, sprains and strains, soft tissue sports injuries, frozen shoulder, dislocations and fractures.
• Conditions affecting the tendons for example, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, bursitis.
Points of interest:
• Topical diclofenac should be applied only to intact non-diseased skin, and not to skin wounds or open injuries. It should not be allowed to come into contact with the eyes or mucous membranes and should not be ingested.
• After application the hands should be washed unless they are the site being treated.
How to use:
Apply over the affected area 3 or 4 times daily. The amount needed depends on the size of the painful area.
All Active Ingredients:
• Gel should be discontinued at the first signs of rash, mucosal injuries or other hypersensitivity manifestations .
• Other NSAIDs - aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib, indomethacin, meloxicam, and others.
• Since systemic absorption of diclofenac from a topical application is very low most interactions are very unlikely.
How To Storage :