Olfen 5 Patches
Olfen patches contain Diclofenac, which is a topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). This medicine works by inhibiting cyclooxygenase that cause pain and inflammation.
NSAIDs inhibit cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and-2 which are the enzyme responsible for producing prostaglandins (PGs). PGs contribute to inflammation and pain signalling.
Olfen has antipyretic, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis.
• Acute gout, ankylosing spondylitis (form of spinal arthritis).
• Backache, sprains and strains, soft tissue sports injuries, frozen shoulder, dislocations and fractures.
• Conditions affecting the tendons for example, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, bursitis.
Points of interest:
• Do not take aspirin for pain relief while using this medication.
• Topical diclofenac should be applied only to intact non-diseased skin, and not to skin wounds or open injuries. It should not be allowed to come into contact with the eyes or mucous membranes and should not be ingested.
How to use:
Apply over the affected area.
• Gel should be discontinued at the first signs of rash, mucosal injuries or other hypersensitivity manifestations .
• Other NSAIDs - aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib, indomethacin, meloxicam, and others.
• Since systemic absorption of diclofenac from a topical application is very low most interactions are very unlikely.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.