Pradaxa 110mg - 60 Capsule
Pradaxa is a 'blood thinner'. It helps to prevent the formation of blood clots in the veins after surgery. It is also used to prevent strokes and the formation of blood clots in patients who have an abnormal heartbeat (atrial fibrillation).
Pradaxa stops a substance called thrombin from forming blood clots. Blood clots can cause deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and strokes.
• Prevent heart attacks and strokes.
• Secondary prevention of atherothrombotic events.
• Recent myocardial infarction, recent stroke, or established peripheral
Points of interest:
•It is very important that patients should not stop taking any blood thinning medicine, unless on the advice of their doctor, due to the risk of experiencing a blood clot or stroke.
• Watch out for signs of bleeding (gum, GI, nose) and tell your doctor
if you experience any.
•Do not break, chew, or empty the pellets from the capsule.
How to use:
Use it according to your doctor's instructions.
• The most common side effect reported with Pradexa is bleeding.
• Bleeding may occur as bleeding in the stomach or bowels, bruising, haematoma (unusual bleeding or bruising under the skin), nose bleed,
blood in the urine.
Do not take Pradaxa:
•If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to active ingredient or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
• If you have a medical condition that is currently causing bleeding such as a stomach ulcer or bleeding within the brain.
• If you suffer from severe kidney disease.
•Taking medicines containing amiodarone, quinidine or verapamil.
•Taking other medicines that thin the blood such as aspirin or clopidogrel.
•Have a blood clotting problem.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature.