Xalacom 2.5mL - Eye Drops
Xalacom contains two medicines: latanoprost and timolol.
Latanoprost belongs to a group of medicines known as prostaglandin analogues.
Timolol belongs to a group of medicines known as beta-blockers. Latanoprost works by increasing the natural outflow of fluid from the eye into the bloodstream. Timolol works by slowing the formation of fluid in the eye.
Indications of Xalacom:
• Reduction of intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with open angle glaucoma.
• Ocular hypertension.
Xalacom Points of interests:
• Wait at least 5 minutes between using Xalacom and using the other eye drops.
Xalacom Active Ingredient:
Latanoprost , Timolol.
Xalacom Side effects:
• Increased iris pigmentation.
• Eye irritation (a feeling of burning, itching, stinging or the sensation of a foreign body in the eye) and eye pain.
• Redness of the eye, eye infection (conjunctivitis), blurred vision, watery eyes.
Cautions of Xalacom:
• Hypersensitivity to latanoprost, timolol, benzalkonium chloride or any other ingredient in the product.
How to use Xalacom:
Adult: One drop in the affected eye(s) once daily.
Pediatrics: Not recommended for use in children.
How to store:
keep at room temperature.