Bactroban 3 GM - Nasal Ointment
Mupirocin is an antibiotic that prevents bacteria from growing on skin.
Mupirocin Cream belongs to a class of drugs called Antibacterial, topical RNA synthetase inhibitor.
Mupirocin Cream is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of Impetigo, Secondary Skin Infection and Elimination of MRSA Colonization. Mupirocin Cream may be used alone or with other medications.
• secondarily infected traumatic skin lesions.
• Abdominal pain.
• Burning at the application site.
• Severe bacterial skin infection (cellulitis).
• Skin inflammation.
• Secondary wound infection.
• Mouth sores.
• Severe Allergic Reactions.
• Eye & local Irritation.
• Clostridium Difficile-Associated Diarrhea.
• Potential for Microbial Overgrowth.
How to use:
• Apply a small amount of mupirocin oitment, with a cotton swab or gauze pad, to the affected area 3 times daily for 10 days.
• Cover the treated area with gauze dressing if desired.
• Re-evaluate patients not showing a clinical response within 3 to 5 days.
How to store:
keep at room temperature.