Dulcolax 5 mg - 100 Tablets
Bisacodyl is stimulant laxative that acts on the muscles and wall on the
and colon to generate bowel movement. It also affects the levels of water and electrolytes in the intestines, which results in a laxative effect.
• Colonic evacuation before radiological procedures and surgery.
Points of interest:
• Swallow the whole tablet.
• It generally takes 6 – 12 hours for this medication to work.
• Antacids and milk may reduce the effect of other medications;
take this medication 1 hour before or 2 hours after taking antacids
• Laxatives do not help with weight loss.
• Stomach pain.
• Feeling light-headed.
• Hypersensitivity to bisacodyl.
• Acute inflammatory bowel disease.
• Prolonged excessive use can cause diarrhea and related effects.
• Severe dehydration.
• Patients may experience blood in stool (Hematochezia).
• Should not be taken by children under 10 years without medical advice.
• May cause abdominal cramps due to increased motility.
• Rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using Dulcolax.
How to use:
• Adults: 5-15 mg at night or up to 30 mg when complete evacuation is required.
• Pediatrics: > 6 years: 5-10 mg (0.3 mg/kg) at bedtime or before Breakfast.
• Should not be taken for more than five days.
How to store:
keep at room temperature.